UA-47897071-1

Monday 13 July 2020

Writing Cover Letter


I Fill in the blanks (1-15) in the cover letter below with the prepositions from the lists.

during; for; on; of; in; with; for; for; of; at; from; forward; in; for; for

  
Ms. Harriet Fauchetti
Director of Corporate Web Development
Reaching Out, Inc.
423 Clifton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128

Dear Ms. Fauchetti,

Your advertisement  1)_______ an Interactive Web Designer  interested  me because 2)_______ my enthusiasm for Web development/design and my strong desire to continue working and building a career in that field. My résumé is enclosed 3)_______  your consideration.

4)_______  recent years, I have utilized  my creative, analytical and problem-solving skills to complete several Web-related projects with Higher IT Experience, both independently and as a project team member. These include  the following:
·       building, programming, testing and refining an enrolment-tracking application with an intuitive user interface;
·       designing and developing one module for the successful, timely release  5)_______ a new product;
·       designing and implementing a Web user interface;
·       creating a process and templates for production of JPEG images 6)_______  hotel Web sites

Prior to that time, I gained solid experience as a programmer/analyst, a software architect and a software /support engineer. Key activities included    database development and troubleshooting, small-business application development and interactive product testing. My ability to understand and analyse complex problems; communicate with clients to assess their needs; and develop innovative, practical solutions enabled   me to make a worthwhile contribution to each of my employers 7)_______  that period.

As I prepare  to close out my work 8)_______  the software application I developed 9)_______  Higher IT Experience, I am beginning  to search 10)_______  an employment situation that will allow   me to use my existing experience and skills in Web  development/design while also offering potential opportunities to expand and enhance my professional strengths.

I am definitely interested 11)_______  being considered for the position of Interactive Web Designer 12)_______ Reaching Out and would like  to arrange an interview 13)_______  your earliest convenience to discuss how I can contribute  to your team. I look 14)_______  to hearing   15)_______  you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Alan Bartly

Alan Bartly

II It is important to write Cover Letter using appropriate language. Informal language may sometimes be acceptable in cover letters, but more formal alternatives will create a more professional impression. Complete the following table using the formal words from the letter in Task I.



Informal

Formal
to use
ð

useful
ð

to want
ð

to talk about
ð

to make able
ð

boss
ð

to look for
ð

work/job
ð




III OVER to YOU. Write a similar cover letter listing your skills and experience.





9 comments:

  1. can you send me the answers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you leave your e-mail address, and I'll send you the answers?

      Delete
  2. Hello, is it possible to
    have the answers please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you leave your e-mail address, and I'll send you the answers?

      Delete
  3. Hi...can you send me the answers please..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Could you leave your e-mail address, and I'll send you the answers?

      Delete
  5. Hello :) Can you send me the answers too? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you leave your e-mail address, and I'll send you the answers?

      Delete