UA-47897071-1

Sunday 29 December 2019

Designer Talk. Talking to clients


DESIGNER TALK

WHEN A CLIENT WANTS MORE

(BUT DOESN’T WANT TO PAY)

I. Lead-in.

A) What type of extra work can clients ask designers to do for free (without client paying for this task)?
B) What can designers do when a client asks for more things or gives extra work, but doesn’t want to pay?

C) When did you last have a client who didn’t want to pay for extra work or changes? How did you work with that client?

II Vocabulary focus. Match the words to their definitions. Use four words in your sentences.
       

     1.     
still
    A.    
ready to give more money, than is necessary
     2.     
to process
     B. 
group of services offered together
     3.     
assumption 
    C. 
to ask an amount of money for a service
     4.     
to charge
    D.    
to achieve or produce something that has been promised
     5.     
to hire
     E.  
a fact believed to be true
    6.     
unreasonable
     F.  
to speak (angrily) with other people to change their opinion
    7.     
coverage
    G.    
not fair or acceptable
    8.     
to argue
    H.    
an ordinary static photograph
    9.     
package      
     I.    
to grasp or take something eagerly
    10. 
generous
     J.   
to think about a situation
    11. 
to appreciate
     K.    
to recognize how good something is
    12. 
to accommodate
     L.  
reporting of event
    13. 
fair
    M.   
right or reasonable
    14. 
 to snap
    N.    
 to fit in with someone's wishes or needs
    15. 
to deliver
    O.    
to employ someone to do a job
     
       

 III Vocabulary focus. Phrases and word combinations. Match the word combinations to their definitions. Use four word combinations words in your sentences.

to mess around; to figure out; to make a concession; to do someone’s best; to stick with it; to draw closer; a couple of; nominal fee; I see; to do someone a solid; in the middle; to get in a jam; rush fee

A.   to understand or solve something
B.   two things of the same sort
C.   I understand it
D.   minimal amount of money paid for work
E.    in the position between the highest and the lowest
F.    to get into a difficult situation
G.   to spend time doing unimportant things
H.   to approach, to become nearer
I.      larger amount of money a client pays for a job because the task is urgent
J.     to try as hard as you can to do something
K.   make a reduction in the usual price of something
L.    to continue doing something although it is difficult
M.  do someone a favour (informal phrase)

IV Watch the video and answer the questions.



1.    What do the freelance designer and his client talk about?
2.    What did the client hire designer to do? What does the client want the designer to do now?
3.    Does the designer agree to do what the client asks? Why or why not?
4.    What solution to the problem does the designer suggest? Does the client accept it?
5.    How does the conversation end? Will the designer and the client work together on this project? Will the designer do the additional job or task the client wants him to do?


V Watch the video and fill in the gaps in the dialogue with the words  and phrases from the list. 




A.    Let's just stick with it
B.    agreed on the price
C.    need a minute
D.    I'm gonna deliver
E.     sounds fair
F.     pay you an extra
G.    to mess around
H.    figure it out
I.       I don't want to argue
J.      appreciate
K.    charge a totally separate fee
L.     Why is it so expensive?
M.   I want to do this project
N.    what I charge
O.    doesn't work for you
P.     I'm excited to work with you
Q.    Does that work for you?
R.    a little unreasonable
S.     the package price
T.     a problem

  
Client: So I know we 1)_______ of $ 800, but if you could just throw in a couple of stills… I need a couple of stills. So is that gonna be 2)_______?

Freelancer: Wow, I 3)_______ to process this because I came into this conversation with a totally different assumption that we're moving forward. And you're asking me for more things.  I just need a minute to, kind of, 4)_______. So, in order for me to do that, I have to charge you some nominal fee. Ok. Normally, when people hire me to do photographs, I 5)_______. I do want to work with you. I think we originally agreed to $800. So why don't we, say let's say, 1200. 6)_______  An additional $ 400.

Client: Oooh, that’s a lot more for a couple of photos...

Freelancer: Yeah, I know. I agree…

Client: Wow, that seems 7)_______, I have to say. Where are you coming up with that number?  I just need a couple of stills. 8)_______
Freelancer: It's just 9)_______.

Client:  I see.

Freelancer: I mean, if you were to hire me to do event coverage and just do photos, I would probably charge you $800 just to do that. Look, 10)_______ with you. You have a lot of choices to make. You can choose to work with whoever you want. I make videos. I also do still photos as part of what I do.  So 11)_______ is usually a lot higher. It's usually $1,400, but I'm thinking 12)_______ with you. I'll do it for $ 1,200.

Client: $1,200 just seems like a lot. But look. If that means so much for you, I’m gonna 13)_______ $100 for the stills. Which I think is more than generous. What do you think?

Freelancer: So you're gonna pay me $ 900  total.

Client: Yeah.

Freelancer: Yeah. That doesn't sound quite like in the middle, does it? I'll tell you what:  if we can do it for a thousand, let's do it. I 14)_______ you accommodating me. If it doesn't work for you, why don't you think about it? But I know that time is drawing closer. I know the event’s in two days, and I don't want 15)_______. If you need to find another person, I totally respect that. You probably need to do that right now because otherwise you're
gonna get in a jam and you're gonna pay rush fees. I'm trying to do my best to make a concession. If that 16)_______, I totally get it.

Client: You know, maybe I can find someone else to do the stills. 17)_______
Freelancer: OK.  I like that. That 18)_______ to me.

Client: I guess, if that's what we have to do… I'm a little disappointed that you couldn't just snap these stills for me, do me a solid, because I'm gonna… I would love to give you more work in the future. I’ve got all these other projects, but I don't know. We'll see ..

Freelancer: Yeah. I'm gonna make you the best video that you we agreed to and
19)_______. And hopefully you'll like it.

Client: Absolutely. 20)_______.

Freelancer: Cool, I appreciate it, man. Thanks!  


VI Useful language. Write these headings in the correct places (1-5).

A.    Responding to suggestions. Agreeing.
B.    Acknowledging what someone else says.
C.   Making a suggestion.
D.   Buying time.
E.    Responding to suggestions. Disagreeing.

1)______________________________________

(Wow,) I need a minute to process this ...  
I (just) need a minute to  figure it out…
(Hmm,) let me see/ think about it…
(In fact,) I’ve never really thought about it/considered it/been asked about it before…
That requires a moment’s thought…
My mind has gone blank. Can you give me a second?
(I mean,) to be honest/frank with you…
(I mean,) to tell you the truth…
(Actually,) that’s a tricky one…
(Well,) all I can say is that…
(Well,) all I know is that…
(Come to think of it,) that’s a difficult question…
(I suppose) it depends on what you mean…

2)______________________________________


If you could just throw in a couple of stills… So is that gonna be a problem?
So why don't we, say let's say, ….. Does that work for you?
You have a lot of choices to make. You can choose to work with whoever you want.
What do you think?
I'll tell you what:  if we can do it for a thousand, let's do it.
If it doesn't work for you, why don't you think about it?
You know, maybe I can find someone else to do the stills.
Could you…?
Why don’t you…?
It might be better to…?
How about  (..ing)?
I think you should…
What about (..ing)?
You might want to…
Have you tried (..ing)?

3)______________________________________

If that means so much for you, I’m gonna (pay you an extra $100 for the stills)
Let's just stick with it.
OK.  I like that. That sounds fair to me.
Absolutely.
 Yes, that’s right.
Exactly.
Excellent idea.
Fine.
Exactly.
I agree.
That’s fine with me.
Excellent idea.
Great.
OK. Let’s do that.
Sounds good to me.

4)______________________________________

Wow, that seems a little unreasonable, I have to say.
That doesn't sound (quite like in the middle, does it)?
I don't want to mess around. If you need to find another person, I totally
respect that.
If that doesn't work for you, I totally get it.
 I'm not sure I agree.
Yes, but what about (the cost)?
Sure, but..
It’s a good idea, but…
I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

5)______________________________________

Yeah, I know. I agree.
I see.
I appreciate you accommodating me.
Yes, good point.
I take your point.
I see.
Yes, fair enough.
I hear what you’re saying.
I take your point.

VII Language in use. Work in pairs. Rewrite the dialogue between the designer and the client changing the phrases in bold. Use phrases with the same function from task VI (useful language). Read or act out dialogues in pairs.

Client: So I know we agreed on the price of 800, but if you could just throw in a couple of stills… I need a couple of stills. So is that gonna be a problem?

Freelancer: Wow, I need a minute to process this because I came into this conversation with a totally different assumption that we're moving forward. And you're asking me for more things.  I just need a minute to, kind of, figure it out. So, in order for me to do that, I have to charge you some nominal fee. Ok. Normally, when people hire me to do photographs, I charge a totally separate fee. I do want to work with you. I think we originally agreed to $800. So why don't we, say let's say, 1200. Does that work for you? And additional 400

Client: Oooh, that’s a lot more for a couple of photos...

Freelancer: Yeah, I know. I agree..

Client: Wow, that seems a little unreasonable, I have to say. Where are you coming up with that number?  I just need a couple of stills. Why is it so expensive?

Freelancer: It's just what I charge.

Client:  I see.

Freelancer: I mean, if you were to hire me to do event coverage and just do photos, I would probably charge you $800 just to do that. Look, I don't want to argue with you. You have a lot of choices to make. You can choose to work with whoever you want. I make videos. I also do still photos as part of what I do.  So the package price is usually a lot higher. It's usually $1,400, but I'm thinking I want to do this project with you. I'll do it for 1200.

Client: 1,200 just seems like a lot. But look. If that means so much for you, I’m gonna pay you an extra $100 for the stills. Which  I think  is more than generous. What do you think?

Freelancer: So you're gonna pay me 900 $ total.

Client: Yeah.

Freelancer: Yeah. That doesn't sound quite like in the middle, does it?  I'll tell you what:  if we can do it for a thousand, let's do it. I appreciate you accommodating me. If it doesn't work for you, why don't you think about it? But I know that time is drawing closer. I know the event’s in two days and I don't want to mess around. If you need to find another person, I totally respect that. You probably need to do that right now because otherwise you're gonna get in a jam and you're gonna pay rush fees. I'm trying to do my best to make a concession. If that doesn't work for you, I totally get it.

Client: You know, maybe I can find someone else to do the stills. Let's just stick with it.

Freelancer: OK.  I like that. That sounds fair to me.

Client: I guess, if that's what we have to do… I'm a little disappointed that you couldn't just snap these stills for me, do me a solid, because I'm gonna… I would love to give you more work in the future. I’ve got all these other projects, but I don't know. We'll see ..

Freelancer: Yeah. I'm gonna make you the best video that you we agreed to and
I'm gonna deliver. And hopefully you'll like it.

Client: Absolutely. I'm excited to work with you.

Freelancer: Cool. I appreciate it, (man). Thanks 


VIII. OVER TO YOU.
A) Watch the video again and note down the tips for designers that are written on the  screen. How do you understand those tips? How does the speaker illustrate those ideas, what phrases does he use to express those ideas? Do you find the tips useful?

B) Work in groups of two. Use the phrases from task VI (useful language) to write a similar conversation between a client and a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment